Repairs and Servicing
We specialise in imported vehicles both of Japanese origin or more recently European vehicles. We have worked with some of the major car dealer franchises in Christchurch and have worked on in excess of 10,000 vehicles during the last seven years.
This means that because of the diverse range and the large number of vehicles we see, most problems associated with your vehicle we have encountered and are familiar with.
All types of mechanical repairs undertaken by suitably qualified technicians such as:
- Tune ups with the latest diagnostic scanners
- Brake & clutch repairs and replacements
- Automatic transmission repairs & servicing
- Cam Belt replacements
- Auto Electrical repairs
- Exhaust repairs & replacement
- Full tyre service & new tyres
- CV & Steering rack boot replacement
- Latest fuel system cleaner for petrol & diesel
There is also a towing service available from Motor Works for mechanical repairs.
Vehicle Compliance & Lapsed Registrations
Compliance checks are necessary safety inspections completed before a newly imported vehicle goes on our roads for the first time.
Motor Works can handle vehicle compliance for newly imported vehicles or vehicles where the registration has lapsed for more than one year.
Vehicle Servicing & Warrant of Fitness
Our lube and warrant of fitness team can expertly handle all types of cars, 4WD’s and trailers in an efficient manner.
Service options include Bronze, Silver and Gold.
Refer to list below for standard service checks completed:
- Change Engine Oil
- Change Engine Oil Filter
- Check Auto Transmission Oil
- Check Gearbox Oil
- Check Diff Oil
- Check Brake Fluid
- Check Antifreeze Level / Quality and Change
- Check Clutch
- Check Fanbelts
- Check Battery Leads
- Check and Clean Battery Terminals
- Check C.V. Boots
- Inspect Exhaust System
- Inspect Axles and Driveshafts
- Check Steering Components
- Check For Fluid Leaks at Wheels
- Check Tyre Tread Condition
- Check and Adjust Tyre Pressures
- Check Spare Wheel
- Lube Door Hinges and Locks